lunes, 31 de marzo de 2014

How to promote self-directed learning


Some of my experiences

In my context, to build and apply this process it is not easy, however it is not impossible.
I would like to follow these steps to reach a real self-directed learning process in my Spanish and English classes.

  •   To inquiry my students about the concept of autonomy and freedom they have.
  •   To contextualize (e.g invite them to stay out the class after break, under own decision) the       concepts and take them to the academic field.
  •   Students should write their short and long term in Spanish or English class
  •   Students should write how they can reach them and why.
  •   By analyzing their performance through the class (self-assessment).
  •   Invite them to share with classmates that s/he has learned in other space different from             classroom.
Finally in my real class I try to promote self –direct learning, using autonomy concept (each individual makes decisions for his/her life and is responsible for them, it does not matter the results) also I ask them copy information when they consider it works for something in their learning process and finally they follow a chart which they need to write the activity, the score(quantity aspect) and their performance on it and the reasons, to take them into a self-assessment process.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario