domingo, 30 de marzo de 2014

Some aspects in my learning process and...

 LEARNING ...BUILDING A PROCESS


I would like to share with you, some aspects which have made that my experience as an adult learner has had different types of challenges, these are:
  • To be part a group again, it is not easy and it is harder when you do not have face to face relation with them.
  • To create new knowledge regarding my classmates´ feedback
  • To discover technology is a way which I need to follow step by step according to my expectations.
  • To organize time and activities in order to develop task and activities in an individual and collaborative form.

How Do I set my goals for class?


Think…..

How do you plan your course/lesson objectives? Do you follow any specific procedure?
Firstly I think about the grammar issue I should explain, secondly I consider how can I explain it to the students, then I set objectives, I try to set an objective per class and activity, sometimes the objective can work for the different activities. Before I set the objectives only for myself, now I write objectives, strategies and evaluation form on the board so that students can know them too.
What features do you bear in mind when defining performance objectives for a course/lesson?
 The target group. In the school the level and the students
ü  How will they react about the topic and the objective for the class
ü  What the objectives are and how students can integrate to their context.
ü  I always wonder if I teach them can be useful for their lives.
 What way is the best to explain them.

Write  


 the process of transforming your objective(s) from covert to overt processes. How difficult/easy this has been. 
First, I consider Gagne categories and levels are pertinent, however in some parts of the reading the relation among them is hard to understand, you need to clarify steps, categories, skills, concepts and characteristics to have a complete definition  about what an objective isg. I notice that  try to convert my objectives from covert to overt has not been an easy  process, hence when I read Gadne and Magner ´ideas I could discover most of the time  my objectives  were set as activities in class or maybe I had objectives which were not clear enough for students. According to Magner (1984) “ An objective describes an intended result of instruction, rather than the process of instruction itself.”

a.   Write the objective you selected from your lesson plans. Post both, the old and the new version (performance-based) for your lesson. You may choose Gagne (1976), Wenning (2008) and/or Mager´s (1984) proposal to define your lesson’s performance objectives.
GROUP
CLASS OBJECTIVE (old version)
CLASS OBJECTIVE (new  (version)
WORDS
INTELLECTUAL SKILL (Gagne  1974)
INTERNAL CONDITIONS THAT LEARNER HAS/GOAL
EXTERNAL CONDITIONS THAT LEARNER HAS/GOAL
CONTEXT OF LEARNER
Seventh
Identify subject, correct form of verb to be and rules for ING to do present continuous
The students of seventh grade (audience)will be able to classify (behavior)words in subjects and verbs in a written form (Degree)
Create sentences underlining subject and verb
Concept learning
ü  Disposition,
ü  Needs of students,
ü  Perceptions
ü  Relation between teacher and student,
ü  Relation between student and knowledge.
ü  Use of tools
Classmates
Home
Eleventh
Make a short dialogue using two tense then write the tag questions
The students of eleventh grade(audience) will be able to prepare a short dialogue (behavior) about sports, music, fashion, school,or friends using two tenses, it will be  in a written way (degree)
Dramatize dialogues
Concept learning
ü  Readiness
ü  Needs
ü  Tools
ü  Student´s point of view,
ü  Vocabulary
Classmates
Sixth
Identify cardinal and ordinal numbers.
The students of sixth (audience) grade will be able to distinguish (behavior) between cardinal and ordinal numbers in written activities. (Degree)
Demonstrate through the writing form the knowledge between ordinal and ordinal numbers
Rule Learning
ü  Readiness
ü  Motivation
ü  Likes
ü  Previous knowledge,
ü  Vocabulary
ü  Contextualization
Classroom
School



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario